Sunday, May 4, 2008

There's No Maybe- He'll Be a "May Baby"

All those hopes of Jackson making an early appearance and having an April birthday, slowly slipped away on Thursday when the month changed to May. Where most women stop or at least greatly slow down on weight gain in this last month, I have managed to increase 3-5 lbs a week now, and it is almost all water. Matt continues to stare at my ever growing toes and feet and say, "The human body is just amazing!" So, with my continued water weight, three-week long migraine and now the ever creeping blood pressure, my doctor has decided to induce on Tuesday night. We are excited to see the light at the end of the tunnel, but a little nervous because it can take 3 or 4 days to be induced sometimes. The nurses told us that often an induction will be scheduled and then baby will come right before on his own- nature is funny, huh?
On another note- we spent 24 hours being monitored in the hospital Thursday-Friday night because I tripped at the gas station. A slight miscalculation of my own weight and the height of the gas hose between my car and the machine- oh fine- I had major "Baby Brain" and tried to jump over the darn thing. I landed with one leg on the ground, but unfortunately, my stomach smashed into my leg so they were worried about Jackson. I missed my last day at work and didn't get a chance to say goodbye to my kids, and Matt had to leave work to be with me at the hospital. As one friend has said, "You just like the excitement, huh?" No kidding.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I'm betting he'll be a cutie! I wouldn't worry too much about induction taking a long time. Both of my kids were induced early due to my having high blood pressure and they were both born with 8 hours of my first dose of pitocin. Also, if you're anything like me, expect to see your blood pressure elevated for about 5-6 weeks after you have Jackson. Good luck! I can't wait to see pictures.
Jamie

Nicole said...

Thank you so much Jamie! You have no idea what that did to ease my worries :) Always a "Roomie"...