Wednesday, January 2, 2008

The Nursery Has Been Started!

While I love being pregnant, I am having a hard time slowing down and allowing the limitations that pregnancy has put upon my body. I wanted the nursery to get started during Winter Break and I thought that I could get in there and paint up a storm, put the furniture together, etc., as I've always been able to do. I did about a foot of trim before I was out of breath and "Uncle Dave" (the Godfather) sent me out of the paint-fumed room (I asked the guy at the hardware store and he said I would be OK!) I spent the day shredding and filing paperwork in the den while Matt and Dave painted and put together furniture for the new room. It isn't finished since we don't have the crib or anything yet, but we'll get there. We are really pleased with the results and I find myself sitting in the middle of the room with Sox, just enjoying the happy new place in our home. Four and a half months to go and our home is starting to look ready for Baby Jackson. I just can't wait to meet him! He's been so active lately, I feel like I know him already. We are hoping that Matt can start to feel the kicks soon as well.

Getting ready to be a dad- thanks Papa Rife.

Thank you Uncle Dave!

Well, it's a start! Changing table and wardrobes.

We have already hung the little Urlacher jersey/onesie- Jackson's sure to love Chicago sports.

...and lastly, the adorable new curtains. I love this room.

5 comments:

Joanna Roddy said...

Nikah, this nursery is so adorable! Congratulations on being preggers. I really like the name Jackson too. I can't believe that we're not 15-year-olds eating starburst jellybeans and sour cream and onion pringles anymore! No wonder I was such a chub! ;) Hey, maybe I should get pregnant so I have an excuse to eat junk food again. Hope you're taking full advantage. :) Love you, friend!

By the way, I know you already know, but our blog is roddy-life.blogspot.com. I'm going to add a link to your blog on mine.

Emmy said...

Hi, you two...or should I say three! I love your blog. I'm going to show Jen and Dave since all of his family is on the east coast it would be fun to keep them informed. What fun to be able to spend Christmas in Seattle. I'm sure you had a super time. We are now in our new home, sort of! Jen and Dave, Scott, Robin, and the boys spent Christmas with us and then Jer and I headed south a few days later and are now in So Calif again at Jen and Dave's. We are having a great time. Jen and Dave are expecting a baby the middle of June. All signs point to a girl, baby Zoe. Our first little girl grandchild! Yippee!

Well, love to all of you. Looks like you are having a wonderful time getting ready for Jackson. Nicole, hope your school year is going great, too.

Blessings...Emmy

Lish said...

Ok, you make me sick! We are 10.5 weeks away from little Rylander arriving and aren't even close to being ready. Yikes! But am happy that you are well ahead of the game and will hopefully be less stress in the end.

Cedric & Kimberly said...

i love it! where did you get the furniture? great color for Jackson! what? no Seahawks jersey? lol! jazmin doesn't have a room yet but she will soon!!! love you both...

Nicole said...

It really is more turquoise than blue- it just looks blue on here. That's weird...