Friday, May 27, 2011

Jackson Turned 3, and Daddy Left on Deployment


In mid-April, Matt left for a six-month deployment on board the USS Howard (Facebook Page for the Howard). I was very sad as Jackson and I drove away from the pier and the tears poured down my cheeks as I attempted to hiccup back my sadness on the 805-South, but Jackson was more worried about me than his Daddy leaving. He just kept thinking "Daddy was on duty". The day after the ship left, Jackson and I flew to Seattle to visit with our families and friends. It was a nice distraction from Daddy leaving, and we were able to celebrate Jackson's 3rd birthday with his grandparents with a pirate-themed birthday party. Jackson is still dressing up as a pirate and running around the house shouting, "Argggg Matey!" When we came home from Seattle to San Diego, Jackson was shocked that Daddy was still gone- thus began the most difficult transition we've ever been through. No sugar-coating here folks, it has been tough. I truly believe that it wouldn't be this tough, if Jackson and his Daddy weren't so close and if Matt wasn't such an amazing father. Deployment seems to be going faster than it has in the past, mostly because I'm running after Jackson all the time, and driving him from soccer, to church, to Bible Study, to park play-dates, to Sea World, etc. I have included some pictures of the last month for you all to enjoy.


Daddy & Jackson the weekend before deployment (Daddy is a little teary:)

Matt and I at an impromptu going-away party some of his dear friends from his Men's Group organized. We were blessed with good friends and prayer over Matt that evening.
Matt got Jackson this large world map for his bedroom wall. We have special stickers we use to mark where Daddy goes.

Jackson and I went to the Chula Vista fire-station pancake breakfast and he got to climb into the fire-trucks and examine all the parts. He was in heaven!!
We are so proud of our Chief!
Jackson and I got to visit Bapa at his office downtown Seattle one day for lunch.
All of the friends and family who blessed us for Jackson's birthday celebration in Seattle.

Pirate cupcakes :)
Mom Sheri, Poppy Ron and Jackson

Easter Morning
Jackson and Noey




1 comment:

hschween said...

Makes me teary seeing Jackson and Matt! Praying for you guys that his deployment goes quickly for everyone :)