Sunday, August 17, 2008

Beer, Bugs & Boo

This weekend was the 2nd annual Beer Oympics that Matt and his work crew put together. It is exactly like it sounds. You would think we were back in college playing Beer Pong like it was going out of style :) Matt said that he had been practicing all year to bring home the gold like Michael Phelps. We held the event at John and Marsha's house, which is up north near base. There were huge trees around and I could hear the Cicadas, but they never really come around for anyone to see- right? WRONG-O! Anyone who knows me, knows how much I HATE bugs. Any kind of bug, they scare me to death. I have an absolute panic attack when it comes to insects and arachnids of any type. So, all night I kept swatting at mosquitoes and everything else that was flying around in the Midwest during August (there were a lot of bugs) only to have a CICADA fall down the back of my blouse! (I have included a picture in case you are unaware of how horrible these things are- oh and they're totally harmless) I was screaming and telling Matt that something was in my shirt. It was an empire waste that tied around my middle, so the little bugger was caught in a pocket of material between me and my shirt- AUGH!!!!!!!! I freaked out and darn near got naked trying to get that thing out of my shirt. I told Matt firmly that I would not be attending Beer Olympics next year- UGH.
Then we went and picked up Jackson from our friend Katie & Dan's house where he was sleeping soundly. Matt wanted to wake him up and play with him so bad :) Fortunatley, he listened to the reasonable one and let our little Boo sleep through the night without being interrupted. Later when we crawled into bed I asked what his favorite part of the day was and he said it was when we picked up Jackson. They were the sweetest words a mommy could ever hear- my heart melted. I really love this man.
This morning the three of us woke up and went for a long walk at the beach and got to see the Blue Angels practicing. Jackson only stayed awake long enough to get to Starbucks. It was such a wonderful morning and we felt so blessed.












No comments: