Friday, July 4, 2008

A Long Day At O'Hare

We traveled home to Seattle yesterday. Jackson and I will be staying until July 16th and then my mom (G-Ma Dime) will be coming back with us for two weeks. Matt is only able to come out for the long weekend, but we'll take what we can get! Here is our adventures from yesterday:

Here is Matt with his one suitcase.
Here I am with my one suitcase.
And... here is Jackson with all of his luggage. Are you kidding me!?!?! Matt and I brought our wallets and iPods on the flight, but everything else was for Jackson, and neither one of us even got to use our iPods because we were so exhausted.
Matt and I have been super nervous about flying home to Seattle with Jackson, but he ended up being the least of our worries yesterday. Our flight was scheduled to leave at 3:35pm and continued to get delayed every hour because the airplane had been struck by lightening when coming into Chicago and needed to undergo inspections to make sure it was safe. Always the positive one, I was just grateful that we were going to be safe and that we weren't on the trip when it was hit by lightening. So, after a six-hour delay we were off! What a day. I was overwhelmed with emotion on the plane when I looked over at my sweet husband next to me, who helped SO much with all of the preparation and work it takes to fly with an eight-week old baby, and then I looked down to see my sweet boy sleeping in my arms. I felt so blessed. Life is good.We had dinner at the Chili's in the O'Hare airport. Mommy was more interested in the margarita then the food... :)

Daddy is so tired and Jackson is having none of it- too much to see at the airport!Getting ready to board the plane- finally passed out after being at the airport for 7 hours.

First flight- he did great, and yes, I'm as tired as I look :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Rifes and Dimes, The blog is great, the pictures are wonderful and I hope tomorrow's journey back to Chicago will be shorter and a smooth trip. Love to all of you,
Dorothy Marston