Monday, June 23, 2008

Who Knew?


Who knew that I would someday believe more strongly (or at least hope for) the power of prayer because of a crying (a.k.a. screaming) baby so badly in need of sleep? Who knew that I loved my sleep so much and I would miss it more than food? Who knew that my daily choices would come down to sleep, shower or eat? and that sleep would always win. Who knew that I could go hours with only one eye done with makeup before having enough time to look at myself in the mirror, only to see that the "done" eye had smudged all over my face so that I looked like Mike Tyson after a match? Who knew that I could fall more in love with a man I've known almost ten years and thought I knew so well already? Who knew that my husband would hold and speak so gently with our son that my heart would melt every time? Who knew life could be so wonderful?

No comments: